A Surprise Holiday Tutorial for You !

A Very Merry Christmas to you!
Reagan and I were on the home stretch of our "to do "
lists , 
and then both caught a flu bug. 
So ,this installment of "Wax on Wednesdays!" 
is a week late for you , but I hope it was  worth the wait.
I have had these rolling around in my mind for a while now, and
I thought they turned out pretty cute!
 Reagan helped me with 
all of them , so they are fun for older kids to help with as well.
Even younger ones can help out , maybe with the glitter sprinkles,
deciding the arrangement, or even painting some fun goodies to go inside!

If you want to make bunches of these (super economical) and don't
want to use real vintage Charlotte dolls. My Cast Charlottes in my Etsy store
are great for them too, and you can paint them or give them a faux finish!

I am giving  a little more detailed  instruction on this Wax on Wednesday edition , 
because it is my little Holiday
gift tutorial for you :)
I hope you will enjoy and give them a try , they are a lot of fun .

 Materials I used for this project:

pressed board discs from Hobby Lobby ( comes in a big bag with different sizes in wood section)
R and F encaustic medium
Titanium White Sennelier paint stick ( can also use oil pastel)
bottle brush tree ( cut of bottom to fit)
glass candle holder from Dollar Tree
deer from Hobby Lobby
Faux snow (craft store kind)
Antique Frozen Charlotte
Glitter (craft store extra sparkly!)
color your wax with :
white ecaustic paint
oil paint stick such as Sennelier
oil pastel ( just a little shaving, and mix in ) 

Make sure that when you are embedding the objects , you cover them really well with the
encaustic medium as deep as you can. They will just look like they are standing in snow drifts, but we know they are really secure , and won't come loose when shaking those snow flakes around !
Let your piece cool down for a few minutes and then check to see if it is secure. 
My bottle brush tree was a little tall , so I removed the bottom of the tree and then trimmed the bottom with wire cutters until it fit in the glass dome.
Where there is a will there's a way !
Remember to fuse , fuse, fuse, in between encaustic layers!
safety tip
don't aim (or let your helpers aim, ) your heat gun toward embedded objects , this could be a fire hazard. 



Here is the Wax on Wednesdays! 
Holiday Snow Globe Video:

Sometimes when you receive the blog post via email, the video does not 
show up in the post. You can view the video directly on my youtube channel 
here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5TGmsZcEkE

Blessings and Merry Christmas to you,




Popular Posts